With the development of electronic technology, computer technology, numerical control and robot technology, automatic welding robot has been used in production since the 1960s.
Welding robots are industrial robots engaged in welding (including cutting and spraying).
For the welding equipment of spot welding robot, the welding transformer is installed behind the welding clamp, so the transformer must be miniaturized as far as possible. In recent years, a new kind of electro-servo spot welding clamp has appeared, as shown in Fig. 4. The opening and closing of the welding pliers are driven by servo motor and feedback from the code disc, so that the opening of the welding pliers can be arbitrarily selected and preset according to actual needs. The pressure between electrodes can also be adjusted steplessly. The new electro-servo spot welding clamp has the following advantages:
1) The welding period of each welding joint can be greatly reduced, because the opening degree of the welding pliers is precisely controlled by the robot, and the movement process of the robot between the points and the welding pliers can begin to close; and after a point of welding, the robot can move while the welding pliers are opened, without waiting for the robot to be in place before the welding pliers are closed or after the welding pliers are fully opened.
2) The opening of welding pliers can be adjusted arbitrarily according to the condition of the workpiece, so long as there is no collision or interference, the opening of welding pliers can be reduced as far as possible, so as to save the opening and closing time of welding pliers.
3) When the clamp is closed and pressurized, not only the pressure can be adjusted, but also the two electrodes are closed gently to reduce impact deformation and noise.
Its technology has become more and more mature. It has the following advantages:
1) Stabilizing and improving the welding quality, which can reflect the welding quality in the form of numerical value;
2) Increasing labor productivity;
3) Improve workers’labor intensity and work in harmful environments;
4) Reduce the requirement of worker’s operation technology;
5) Shorten the preparation period for product transformation and replacement, and reduce the corresponding equipment investment.